[Openvpn-users] Certificate problem

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Certificate problem
  • From: Marc-Christian Petersen <m.c.p@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:07:22 +0100

Hi all,

I've written a web based creation tool for certificates, revoking them,
deleting them etc. for my local users. Now if I delete a user, the
certificate must become revoked in /etc/ssl/index.txt and OpenVPN refuses to
initiate a connection if I have an updated crl.pem file.

So far so good. The problem now is that when I create a new user with the same
name, same common name etc. so that the index.txt entry is exactly the same I
have one entry which has status R and one which has status V. I think you
know what I mean now. The user with the old certificate is still able to
connect because of the same common name used.

How can I disable this and do even more checking on what certificate is able
to pass in and what not?

Thanks in advance.

--
ciao, Marc