[Openvpn-users] Windows authentication failure with complex password (accent or $...)

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Windows authentication failure with complex password (accent or $...)
  • From: Karim Ogbi <Karim.Ogbi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:03:16 +0100

Hello,

I have a problem with authentication.

I have an OpenVPN server, configured with PAM winbind module, to check user and password on a windows 2000 CPD, and control that the user belongs to a specific windows group. All is working fine except when the user have a complex password containing accent or $ or other symbols.

When I test a user / password directly from the vpn server, with the Winbind 'wbinfo' command to check a user password with accent for example it's ok.
That's why I think it's a OpenVpn parameter.

Do you have any idea ?
Is it a problem of pagecode ?
Is it a bug ?

Thank you for your help.