[Openvpn-users] Feature suggestion: Default ccd file

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Feature suggestion: Default ccd file
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:07:53 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I've asked for this before, but I'd like to bring it up to discussion again before 2.0 is completly sealed!

I once again ran into the problem that I have a typical roadwarrior setup, where I don't need client specific configuration, but I'm pushing some routes to every client.

Now I need to add a push route to this config, which means I have to restart the openvpn server, and thous disconnect all users to make the push route come into effect.

I know there is already two solutions to this:

* Use a ccd file for every client, and perhaps include a default ccd file from each unique ccd file.

* Use a client-connect script.

But, as I'm not interested in client specific configuration, both seems like work-arounds, just adding extra work to me, so I'd like to propose another way:

Why not either hardcode OpenVPN to look for file named "default" in the specified client-config-dir, or add a new option "--default-client-config filename". In this file you should be able to put the same options as you can in a normal ccd file, and it should be re-read every time a client connects just like the ccd files.

This way you don't have to put pushable options in the main config file and you don't have to create a ccd file for every new client.

/Mathias