[Openvpn-users] assign addresses to clients by a certificate

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] assign addresses to clients by a certificate
  • From: Irek Slonina <br@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:50:41 +0100 (CET)

Hello,
is there any way to assign an ip and subnet for a client depending on a
certificate, which he sends? I want to construct a configuration  in a
server mode.
Something like rightid="C=PL, ST=*, O=Some org, OU=bla, CN=*, E=*" which
is possible in openswan... but it can depend just on CN or E if it would
ease the configuration.

So far I was using openswan2 but I couldn't make a few tunnels because
of some packet mangling on the road between the clients and a server.
Because of my present configuration I need to do not change my network
structure - every client have an. /24 network in 10. subnetwork (from
10.1 up to 10.120) and server subnetwork is an /24 in 192.168 subnetwork
if it does matter.

I was looking for that in a google and in mail archives but I am new to
openvpn and I couldn't figure the answer by myself...

I would be very appreciate for a point how to resolve my problem.

Openswan 2.0 rc 3.1
Linux 2.6.9

--
Irek Slonina