[Openvpn-users] --learn-address don't provide IP for dev tap?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] --learn-address don't provide IP for dev tap?
  • From: Didier Conchaudron <didier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:56:12 +0100

Hi,

As written in the man page, --learn-address give me the MAC address instead of the client virtual IP when using dev tap. The man page also said that openvpn provide an association between CN, ip and Mac address, but which association?

I need to apply iptables using IP not MAC... had anybody already deal with this kind of config?

Didier