Re: [Openvpn-users] Another routing issue - SOLVED

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Another routing issue - SOLVED
  • From: Zvone Zagar <zvone.zagar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:09:42 +0100

Steve Kieu wrote:

following route on Linux server (sunny):

route add -host 10.10.10.100 gw 172.16.101.11

It works.

Good to hear but it still seems unclear why it works?

I agree, but at the moment i have no (certain) idea why the tunnel address appears instead of ip addr of home gateway.

:-)

Seems one of your box do the DNAT or Masquerade some
where when it is not supposed to do; ex. your Office
gateway

Yes, I am to blame not to have mentioned that office OpenVPN gateway is at the same time router (masquerade) for the part of 172.16.0.0/16 LAN to access Internet (SuSEfirewall2).
I will continue to investigate this unclear state and I will post the outcome.

Cheers,

===== S.KIEU

http://au.movies.yahoo.com

Thanks again             Zvone Z.