[Openvpn-users] Re: Time/date synchronisation?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Time/date synchronisation?
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:23:33 -0600

Are you using certificates or static keys?

The former will fail if the system's time is outside the range in which
the certificates involved are valid, so in that case you'll need to sync
the time before the VPN can connect. I don't know of anything that'll
cause issues if you're using static keys.

If you're in UDP mode, I don't see any issues w/ running ntpdate over the
VPN once it's up (in TCP mode, the tcp/tcp issue might cause problems).