[Openvpn-users] Time/date synchronisation?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Time/date synchronisation?
  • From: oik <aled@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:57:23 +0000 (UTC)

I'm looking into running openVPN on a pair of WRT54G's (running openWRT).

These devices have no battery-backed clock, so always boot up thinking they are
in the year 1970.

Obviously I can run ntp/rdate/whatever, but I'd like the time/date
synchronisation to go through the VPN.

So my questions are:
1. What problems will I see if client and server have wildly different dates?
2. If it does work, will it continue to work during/after synchronisation?

Cheers,

Oik.