Re: [Openvpn-users] BlackIce and OpenVPN?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] BlackIce and OpenVPN?
  • From: Doug Lytle <support@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:02:18 -0500

Erik,

BlackICE defender is similar to ZoneAlarm, but without the application monitoring (The last time I looked at it). I have had problems with this firewall (ZA as well) in the past. Interface would come up, but data wasn't reliable on transport. The current version of ZA doesn't have this problem, but maybe B.I. does.

Doug

Erik Anderson wrote:

One of our corporate clients apparently requires us to install something called "BlackIce" (blackd) on our systems. Since my boss has installed it on his laptop he has been unable to use OpenVPN (the connection comes up but the network interface appears to be completely blocked off). Does anyone have experience with this application or what exactly it does to your system?