Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: "my certificate wizard" and certificate stores

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: "my certificate wizard" and certificate stores
  • From: Vlada Macek <tuttle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:44:12 +0100

Charles Duffy napsal(a):

> On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 11:37 -0800, Erik Anderson wrote:
>
>> Your wizard is still "the best thing out there" to me, will
>> definately be using it for future client CSR's.
>
> Glad to hear it. It's not mine, though -- the credit goes to Vlada
> Macek.

Thanx to both for publicity and evaluation. :-)

Actually My Certificate Wizard is able to save public keys from the pair
(see the pubkey option), which is usually not needed when you're purely
sending CSR. This feature may or may not be useful for you, since this
pair is not a certificate indeed.

The program is a simple, special purpose application as described in its
INI file. It does not have a clue about some certificate store. I
designed it as simple as possible for my purposes and thought it may
suffice for others too. I do not have interest in extending the wizard
this way, nevertheless I'll accept such extension once someone will
develop it and contribute.

Personally I do not know how to test the feature, since I do not know
whether MS Cert Store is included in Windows XP Pro by default. Never
needed it, never used it. Generally I have an objections againts using
MS security attempts.

--

\//\/\
(Sometimes credited as 1494 F8DD 6379 4CD7 E7E3 1FC9 D750 4243 1F05 9424.)