[Openvpn-users] log file directive stops stdout ?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] log file directive stops stdout ?
  • From: Steven Palm <n9yty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:57:33 -0600

If I specify a "log <file>" directive in my config file, I stop getting anything on stdout. Is this normal? I'd really rather have both, but perhaps I'll have to capture the log information via the management interface and create my own log file so I can maintain stdout display. The other odd thing here is that I'm launching this from an NSTask() object in the Cocoa frameworks on MacOS X. This initiates a "callback" to one of my methods when data comes in on STDIN. When I have the log directive, nothing *visible* comes to stdout, but I get a constant and endless stream of 0-byte calls from NSTask as though I'm getting a ton of nothing on STDOUT from the program.

I think I'll fix both by just using the log from the management interface, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to mention it.

Steve