[Openvpn-users] Re: "my certificate wizard" and certificate stores

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: "my certificate wizard" and certificate stores
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:26:31 -0600

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:19:03 -0800, Erik Anderson wrote:

> As OpenVPN is reported to support certificates that are stored in the
> Windows Certificate Store, is there any intent to have "My Certificate
> Wizard" support the creation of certificates directly in the store?

My Certificate Wizard creates keys and certificate requests, not
certificates. You still need the involvement of a separate CA -- and that
CA can feed those certificates back in a format that Windows will
easily import.

Doing more than that (ie. importing the generated private keys into the
certificate store) would involve writing code. You volunteering?

BTW, please don't send HTML mail to the list.