[Openvpn-users] Hibernation question

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Hibernation question
  • From: Steven Palm <n9yty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:14:14 -0600

First, thanks for finding the problem. Not that it will do any good, but I can submit a request through to Apple to implement and prefer the poll() method over select(). :-)

Secondly, I see that it was just a misunderstanding on my part but I'm wondering which is more logical...

If I start openvpn with hold on, it requires a hold release to start. Very good, this makes perfect sense. However, if I issue a "hold off", that turns off holding, but it doesn't make it start if it was in a hold state. Is that right? My initial thought was "turn hold off" and let it go as well as not needing to do it again upon a signal restart. Not a huge issue, I'll adjust my command sequence accordingly, but I thought I'd mention it for discussion/consideration based on what may be more logical. (Not that I always am.... ;-)

Steve