RE: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0-rc3 released

--Am Montag, 13. Dezember 2004 12:48 +0100 "Van Hoorenbeeck, Peter (RST/Hammerstone EMEA)" <peter.van-hoorenbeeck@xxxxxx> schrieb:

SITE A: openvpn 2 client
SITE B: openvpn 2 server

SITE A --------ISDN--------- SITE B

Now I want to have the OpenVPN tunnel up only if we have "interesting
traffic" that wants to traverse the VPN tunnel and shut down if there is
no traffic.  So it is client initiated - obviously - and the reason is
to have a low ISDN cost - obviously.

OpenVPN can already handle these. Just use static keys and an isdn connection with raw ip. Create you own custom raw-up script to do a SIGUSR1 on isdn activity. I've created such a link and it works without any problems for about 5 months now.

--
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de