Re: [Openvpn-users] Another routing issue

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Another routing issue
  • From: richard <rvenne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:48:31 +0100

what are your the routing tables on your gateways?
Zvone Zagar wrote:
Hello,
I am new to the list an i already need your help. Here is  what bothers me:

I have set up two OpenVPN (1.6.0) gateways. One at the office LAN and one at home LAN. Gateways can access each other.
Machines at home LAN can 'see' the fellows on office LAN (if back routes are defined or default route is set) and vice verse. So far no problem, but from my home OpenVPN gateway (SuSE 9.0, SuSEfirewall, ADSL router) i can not access some machines on office LAN unless default route on these machines - pointing at office OpenVPN gateway- is set. From the same machines i can reach my home OpenVPN gateway. But I need it running in both directions. I can't set the proper default route, because the default route on some machines must route the traffic to another ISP or they are prohibited to explore Internet.
Traceprint shows me that the packets arrive at office gateway, but from there they are lost.

I have searched the mailing lists arhives for hours but i have not found an answer. It could be that i should try harder.
At the moment i am stuck (perhaps something could be done using iptables on office OpenVPN gateway - SuSE 8.2).

What did i miss ?

Regards       Zvone Zagar