RE: [Openvpn-users] RE: OpenVPN 2.0-rc3 released

  • Subject: RE: [Openvpn-users] RE: OpenVPN 2.0-rc3 released
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:39:42 -0600

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 14:34 +0100, Van Hoorenbeeck, Peter
(RST/Hammerstone EMEA) wrote:
> Well I am not sure, Charles. It seems that this option makes the openvpn
> to exit completely.  Then the problem remains on how to initiate the
> tunnel when traffic wants to traverse it.

Ahh.

Personally, I'd use iptables to set up a LOG rule (with a limit to
prevent more than, say, 1 every 60 seconds) to cover traffic that looks
like it ought to be going out the VPN, and then have a process that
watches my system logs for the relevant log message and invokes OpenVPN
when it sees such a packet and OpenVPN is currently down.