RE: [Openvpn-users] RE: OpenVPN 2.0-rc3 released

  • Subject: RE: [Openvpn-users] RE: OpenVPN 2.0-rc3 released
  • From: "Van Hoorenbeeck, Peter (RST/Hammerstone EMEA)" <peter.van-hoorenbeeck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:34:03 +0100

Well I am not sure, Charles. It seems that this option makes the openvpn
to exit completely.  Then the problem remains on how to initiate the
tunnel when traffic wants to traverse it.

--inactive n    : Exit after n seconds of inactivity on tun/tap device

Ideally I would like the openvpn to act like an on-demand router (kinda
like pppd has the option 'demand' to bring up the ppp0.

Best regards,

Peter Van Hoorenbeeck
RST - Competency Center Engineer