Re: [Openvpn-users] Hibernate mode problem - MacOS X

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Hibernate mode problem - MacOS X
  • From: Steven Palm <n9yty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:46:25 -0600

On Dec 12, 2004, at 8:08 PM, Steven Palm wrote:
 Upon startup, all I see as output is the initial line:

Sun Dec 12 20:06:44 2004 OpenVPN 2.0_rc2 powerpc-apple-darwin7.6.0 [SSL] [LZO] built on Dec 12 2004

Nothing more, even though I have the config set to "verb 99" to get as much output as possible.

Trying to telnet to the session opens it, echoes what I type, but does nothing with it:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
status
help
hold off

Any idea where to start poking at the source to try to nail this down?

I've started poking... I get through to the function man_block() in manage.c where it's waiting for a socket connection. I'm not entirely comfortable with all the bits of sockets, but it would seem that MacOS X isn't generating a signal you're waiting for when the connection is made. It stays in this loop forever doing the event_wait() call. The "if (signal received)" test is successful, going through to get_signal(signal_received), but the test "if (*signal_received)" never passes.

Hope this helps.

Steve