RE: [Openvpn-users] Re: Can certificates be used in routed mode?

  • Subject: RE: [Openvpn-users] Re: Can certificates be used in routed mode?
  • From: "Tibbs, Richard" <rwtibbs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:40:32 -0500

Thanks!
Now a follow on question:
In all this time I have been using static key, and have never loaded the
openssl libraries.  This may sound dumb, but I have read that Openvpn
relies the openssl libraries -- but not for static key evidently.
Looking at the openvpn howto, all the certificate commands are openssl,
so I will have to install it..  Given openvpn 1.6 on one end and openvpn
2.0beta15 on the other, what version of openssl would be best?

Thanks again,
Rick.