[Openvpn-users] Hibernate mode problem - MacOS X

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Hibernate mode problem - MacOS X
  • From: Steven Palm <n9yty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:08:28 -0600

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Steven Palm wrote:
On Dec 12, 2004, at 4:27 AM, James Yonan wrote:
The other change is the ability to have OpenVPN hibernate on startup
until it gets a "go" signal from the management interface.  This was
requested by several people.  It can also be used to "pause" and
"resume" the tunnel from the management interface.

Brilliant! However, I can't get it to work here.... If I put
management-hold in my config file, the openvpn command starts up in a
hibernate mode, but when I connect to the management port, I don't get
the management port header stuff echoed to me, and it doesn't respond to
any commands. Turning off the hold feature allows the management port
to work here again.

Anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?  Running on MacOS X if it
matters...

Drats... :-(

 Upon startup, all I see as output is the initial line:

Sun Dec 12 20:06:44 2004 OpenVPN 2.0_rc2 powerpc-apple-darwin7.6.0 [SSL] [LZO] built on Dec 12 2004

Nothing more, even though I have the config set to "verb 99" to get as much output as possible.

Trying to telnet to the session opens it, echoes what I type, but does nothing with it:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
status
help
hold off

 Any idea where to start poking at the source to try to nail this down?

 Steve