Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Mandrake 10.1

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Mandrake 10.1
  • From: Doug Lytle <support@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:03:31 -0500

Thanks for the response Charles,

The script isn't the issue. Under Mandrake 10.1 they seem to have changed the /dev/net/tun from being a normal file to a symlink. If I do a ls -l on /dev/net it shows the tun there but it's referenced as ../tun instead of /dev/net/tun. I'm not sure, but think this is whats causing my problems.

Deleting the symlink and recreating it, rebooting and looking at it again, it's back the way it was. Around 50% of the time that I reboot, the tunnel will come up, and ALWAYS if I run it manually.

The error that OpenVPN is throwing is that it can't find /dev/net/tun.

Version 10.0 didn't have this type of setup with the tun.

Suggestions?

Doug