Re: [Openvpn-users] strange problem with XP SP2 client and TAP IP

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] strange problem with XP SP2 client and TAP IP
  • From: Blaine Fleming <blainef@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:01:46 -0700

> am lost as to what is the issue with this specific laptop, while rest
> of the clients do not have
> any issues..
> anyone had a similar issue or ideas as to how to fix it?

I have run into this problem on numerous occasions and the fix was
always one of two things.  First, make sure that the DHCP client
service is running.  Second, try adding the "--tap-sleep 10" option to
the command line.  I have noticed (mostly with XP SP2) that the IP is
often assigned before windows notices that the interface is up,
causing it to not bind the IP to the interface.  Anything less than 10
seconds, in my experience, would occasionally fail.