[Openvpn-users] Re: Mandrake 10.1

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Mandrake 10.1
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:37:39 -0600

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 17:06:50 -0500, Doug Lytle wrote:

> Is there anybody on this list thats running OpenVPN RC2 and Mandrake
> 10.1? Runs fine when when running the scripts manually, but not from
> init.d. If not, I guess I'll have to either go another distro or
> downgrade to 10.0.

Shouldn't need to do anything remotely that drastic.

Use "/bin/sh -x /etc/init.d/openvpn start" (or somesuch) to see exactly
what commands are being run by the script -- particularly when it starts
the actual OpenVPN invocation.

Try running the exact same command (the last one, on the end) manually.
Does it work? How does it fail? How does it differ from the command you
ran manually? You might want to take off the --daemon argument (presuming
there's one on there) and add a --verb 4 or so if needed to make it easier
to follow what's going on.

You can then try twiddling /etc/init.d/openvpn as appropriate.