[Openvpn-users] WINS

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] WINS
  • From: "Andrew J. Richardson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 17:09:47 -0500

Title: Message
Hello list,

I'm running OpenVPN v2 on a server, connecting two vpn subnets of clients.  Some clients redirect their gateway to the server, others don't.  All clients run WIndows XP.

I'm accessing shared resources successfully with \\vpn-ip-address, but I'd like to be able to open shared folders (and shared printers) with a client's NetBIOS name, but lack access to a WINS server.  Aside from Samba for Linux, is anyone aware of a product (open, commercial, or shareware) for the WinXP platform that provides WINS server service?

Thanks for you thoughts,
Andrew