Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0-rc2 released

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0-rc2 released
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:13:45 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Steven Palm wrote:

On Dec 12, 2004, at 4:27 AM, James Yonan wrote:
The other change is the ability to have OpenVPN hibernate on startup until it gets a "go" signal from the management interface. This was requested by several people. It can also be used to "pause" and "resume" the tunnel from the management interface.

Brilliant! However, I can't get it to work here.... If I put management-hold in my config file, the openvpn command starts up in a hibernate mode, but when I connect to the management port, I don't get the management port header stuff echoed to me, and it doesn't respond to any commands. Turning off the hold feature allows the management port to work here again.

Anyone else seeing this, or is it just me? Running on MacOS X if it matters...

Working for me on Windows.

Another comment though. It's possible to start openvpn with --management-hold without using --management. This shouldn't be possible, right?