Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0-rc2 released

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0-rc2 released
  • From: Steven Palm <n9yty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:00:20 -0600

On Dec 12, 2004, at 4:27 AM, James Yonan wrote:
The other change is the ability to have OpenVPN hibernate on startup until
it gets a "go" signal from the management interface. This was requested
by several people. It can also be used to "pause" and "resume" the tunnel
from the management interface.

Brilliant! However, I can't get it to work here.... If I put management-hold
in my config file, the openvpn command starts up in a hibernate mode, but when
I connect to the management port, I don't get the management port header stuff
echoed to me, and it doesn't respond to any commands. Turning off the hold
feature allows the management port to work here again.

Anyone else seeing this, or is it just me? Running on MacOS X if it matters...

 Steve