Re: [Openvpn-users] Another routing issue

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Another routing issue
  • From: Steve Kieu <haiquy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:31:52 +1100 (EST)

> I have set up two OpenVPN (1.6.0) gateways. One at
> the office LAN and
> one at home LAN.  Gateways can access each other.
> Machines at home LAN can 'see' the fellows on office
> LAN (if back routes
> are defined or default route is set) and vice verse.
> So far no problem,
> but from my home OpenVPN gateway (SuSE 9.0,
> SuSEfirewall, ADSL router) i
> can not access  some machines on office LAN unless
> default route on

You dont need default route I think (theoretically)
Just add a normal route. and specify a correct
gateway.

> these machines - pointing at  office OpenVPN
> gateway- is set. From the
> same machines i can reach my home OpenVPN gateway.
> But I need it running
> in both directions. I can't set the proper default

It sound like the machine at office do not forward the
packet properly or some firewall rule applied to that
machine. Because you said before, some home can see
the office fellow, so there might be another chance
that the network topology conflict. What network at
the LAN office, VPN network and Home LAN?

Sometimes it happens for a particular machine because
that machine join another network and it makes the
conflict in network addressing scheme. Check and
change it.

> route, because the
> default route on some machines must route the

Yeah this make my guess above more likely

> traffic to another ISP or
> they are prohibited to explore Internet.
> Traceprint shows me that the packets arrive at
> office gateway, but from
> there they are lost.

Best luck

=====