Re: [Openvpn-users] Is there any way to run openVPN on win98se?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Is there any way to run openVPN on win98se?
  • From: Doug Lytle <support@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 08:25:40 -0500

No,

This is what James has said in a previous post,

"I seriously doubt that a 98/Me series Windows port will happen, unless a rare
individual comes forward (definitely not me!) who is both crazy enough and
sufficiently "in-the-know" to attempt it.  You have to understand that even
with good documentation, and good underlying network design, it is quite
challenging for a non-insider to write a kernel driver for a closed-source OS.
Now when the documention isn't there, and the network model is vintage, and
there's no sample code lying around that could be used as a starting point,
and you don't have the benefit of being privy to the OS internals, well ...
you get the idea.

James"