Re: [Openvpn-users] Question about proxy support in Windows GUI v ersion

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Question about proxy support in Windows GUI v ersion
  • From: Ewan Bhamrah Harley <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:48:55 -0000

Mathias Sundman wrote:
> Have you accually tried it yet? After IE has found out what
> proxy server
> to use, I'd expect it to return that server via the
> InternetQueryOption()
> function.

The InternetQueryOption call only picks up manually configured proxies - it
will pick up different manual settings (eg if you have different settings
for a Lan or a dialup link) but doesn't work with WPAD. Sorry, should have
pointed this out to you when I contributed the original code.

InternetQueryOption doesn't take any sort of URL as an argument which would
be needed to parse the WPAD data to find out if a direct connection should
be made or which proxy to use. There may be an alternative call that
supports WPAD, but I'm not really a windows programer so don't know.

Ewan