[Openvpn-users] rpmbuild dependency problems with rc1

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] rpmbuild dependency problems with rc1
  • From: "James Yonan" <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:39:59 -0000

This was posted on the OpenVPN sourceforge bugs page:

**********

I got openvpn 2.0 rc1 and on my Fedora Core 3 system I
did a rpmbuild -tb openvpn-2.0_rc1.tar.gz

This all went very smoothly.
When I tried to install this package I got a failed
dependency over perl(Authen::PAM)

I found an RPM for this module on
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/perl-Authen-PAM/

I was baffled why openvpn would need a perl module.
After a search I found that this requirement was
because of the sample script sample-scripts/auth-pam.pl
The rpmbuilding process automagically finds these kinds
of dependencies and puts them in the RPM.

So this sample script 'forced' me to install an
additional piece of software I'm probably not going to
use. According to the Changelog this issue is new since
Version 2.0-beta18.

*********

Does anyone know how to turn off this nonsense of rpmbuild triggering
mandatory dependencies based on stuff it finds in the sample-scripts directory?

James