[Openvpn-users] Bering-uClibc OpenVPN 2.0rc1 builds [was Re: RE: Re: MTU questions]

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Bering-uClibc OpenVPN 2.0rc1 builds [was Re: RE: Re: MTU questions]
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 00:24:35 -0600

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:44:25 -0700, James Yonan wrote:

> I would add that OpenVPN 2.0rc1 has a bunch of new anti-bloat flags in
> the ./configure script that are specifically for embedded builds. Nearly
> every new feature in 2.0 that adds more than a few Kbytes of executable
> size can be removed.

I spotted those mentioned on the ML, but didn't put them into the above
packages initially. Rebuilding the packages to use --enable-small
--disable-debug, the size of the OpenVPN binary for the otherwise
fully-functional LZO-enabled (dynamically linked) build is only 231K.
After a pass through UPX, this comes down to only 107K.

FWIW, this time I also uploaded the buildtool.mk and buildtool.cfg used to
build. I'll submit them over to the LEAF Bering-uClibc folks after I've
gotten a report that they actually work (that means you!).