Re: [Openvpn-users] Bug in status.c when building with VC

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Bug in status.c when building with VC
  • From: Blaine Fleming <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 21:34:49 -0700

Can you try making ICL/VC builds which are statically linked with OpenSSL?
Right now they appear to have dynamic linkages to a non-MinGW-generated
OpenSSL.

I have posted a static version of the VC7 binary but I have yet to get ICL to give me a successful static build. I also posted the VC binaries for OpenSSL (0.9.7e) that the all dynamic builds were linked against (except mingw). Again, they are all available at http://www.digital-z.net/openvpn .

Looking at the VC/ICL build process, I see a few points to take a look at. First, the /Gy flag provides a more optimized build under VC/ICL. It slows compile time a little, but it is worth the extra time. Second, I forgot to mention earlier that in proxy.c (beta20) line 395 snprintf is being called instead of openvpn_snprintf. This breaks the builds on VC/ICL. Is there a reason for this?

--Blaine Fleming