Re: [Openvpn-users] Slashdot

You may also want to give Mathias a little advance warning. I'm told the excess bandwidth charges from a slashdotting can bankrupt small countries :)

James Yonan wrote:
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Michel Van den Bergh wrote:

Maybe somebody with good writing skills (e.g. James himself!) should
make a slashdot announcement when 2.0 comes out...Since as far as I
can tell openvpn is the most advanced open source user space
VPN I think the announcement has a very good chance of appearing on the front page!

Yeah, it's worth a try.  I actually made it onto Slashdot last year with a
book review I wrote about Space Elevators.  Now VPNs are another matter --
I think they are sort of on the periphery of the subject matter that
Slashdot likes to cover, though as I recall, the Peter Gutmann VPN
demolition derby from last year caused quite a stir.

James