Re: [Openvpn-users] First OpenVPN 2.0 Release Candidate is available

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] First OpenVPN 2.0 Release Candidate is available
  • From: James Yonan <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:44:30 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Mathias Sundman wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, James Yonan wrote:
>
> > The first OpenVPN 2.0 release candidate is here!
> >
> > I would encourage everyone to give it a workout in as many real-world
> > situations as possible.
>
> Great! Thanks for the incredible great work you have done on OpenVPN. It
> has been a true pleasure to see OpenVPN 2.0 grow up. I'm truly amazed at
> how few fatal bugs there has been since the first 2.0-beta release.
>
> I've been running OpenVPN 2.0 since beta4 in several production
> environments, and only had one single bug causing a few crashes (in
> beta4), which was fixed with-in a matter of hours after I reported it!
>
> and ...
>
> There is now an updated installation package with OpenVPN 2.0-rc1 and
> OpenVPN GUI 1.0-beta26 (for Windows) available for download from:
>
> http://www.nilings.se/openvpn

And thanks to you as well for all the work you've put into the GUI, and
not only writing the code but supporting it as well.

I've been impressed at how much this project is starting to feel like a
community project, more so than a year ago when 1.5 was first released.
Back then, there wasn't even a real articles page on the web site -- now
it seems that the project has reached a sort of threshold of maturity in
terms of attracting high-quality contributions.

James