Re: [Openvpn-users] First OpenVPN 2.0 Release Candidate is available

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] First OpenVPN 2.0 Release Candidate is available
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:50:20 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, James Yonan wrote:

The first OpenVPN 2.0 release candidate is here!

I would encourage everyone to give it a workout in as many real-world
situations as possible.

Great! Thanks for the incredible great work you have done on OpenVPN. It has been a true pleasure to see OpenVPN 2.0 grow up. I'm truly amazed at how few fatal bugs there has been since the first 2.0-beta release.

I've been running OpenVPN 2.0 since beta4 in several production environments, and only had one single bug causing a few crashes (in beta4), which was fixed with-in a matter of hours after I reported it!

and ...

There is now an updated installation package with OpenVPN 2.0-rc1 and OpenVPN GUI 1.0-beta26 (for Windows) available for download from:

http://www.nilings.se/openvpn