[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN, Linux and uDev

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN, Linux and uDev
  • From: Doug Lytle <support@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 13:34:52 -0500

James,

Have you had any reported issues running any current OpenVPN (2.0 RC1 as of today), Linux with uDev?

I've recently been playing with Asterisk (Open source PBX), http://www.asterisk.org and have had some issues with it and udev. Doing a modprobe on ztdummy, sometimes fails on the first try, trying again works fine.

The reason I brought this up is, on my Mandrake 10.1 machines, running udev, I've been unable to get OpenVPN running from the start up scripts. The initial startup fails with unable to locate /dev/net/tun.

Looking at the directory shows the device. Manually running the script, it works fine. Since I've had issues with Asterisk, I thought maybe I should put the openvpn command in the script twice.

I rebooted and OpenVPN was running fine.

Thoughts?

Doug