Re: [Openvpn-users] 2.0 Feature Freeze Discussion

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] 2.0 Feature Freeze Discussion
  • From: Vlada Macek <tuttle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 01:12:19 +0100

George Ross wrote:

> As I say, you can work around it by running two or more servers,
> but you're then obliged to guess in advance how to partition up
> your ifconfig-pool space. It seems a pity, when the server is
> managing that space anyway.

I totally support James's effort to keep the software as simple as
possible. But I also understand your concern that you have to divide
the ifconfig-pool between multiple daemons prior to run...

Wouldn't it be the solution to have some sort of shared resource
between multiple daemons? Shared file or shared memory. This way the
dynamic IP pool de/allocation events (and possibly some more info)
could be interchanged.

Just an idea.

--

\//\/\
(Sometimes credited as 1494 F8DD 6379 4CD7 E7E3 1FC9 D750 4243 1F05 9424.)