Re: [Openvpn-users] Disable Encryption?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Disable Encryption?
  • From: Jean-Pierre Schwickerath <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 15:58:07 +0100

> ok I finally got the vpn working, discovered only 1 end can be
> bridged!

I wouldn't say so.... you just need to add the tap device that build the
tunnel endpoint to your virtual bridge device.

> ok now i need to get rid of the encryption as its laggin out the
> games, especially on slow 256k connections.

Encryption is not a problem of the connection, more of the CPUs doing
encryption and decryption. On the contrary: the faster the line, the
faster the CPUs need to encrypt and decrypt the traffic and the more you
will feel the tunnel.

> my server config bellow. how do i get it so theres only the key for
> initial login.

I would go to set
--cipher null
(or --tls-cipher null)