[Openvpn-users] wireless NIC route issue

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] wireless NIC route issue
  • From: Michael W Peters <petersm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:43:55 -0600

Hello, I have a problem and maybe you can help...

I have a Dell C640 laptop with a 3COM 3C920 NIC RJ45,
and a Dell TrueMobile 1150 wireless NIC.

The laptop is running XP Pro SP1, using OpenVPN 1.6.0

I install the OpenVPN software and it all works Great,
I can use the VPN software on both the RJ45 cable with the 3COM
NIC and with the wireless NIC.

But when I reboot the computer, the 3COM NIC still works
with the VPN software, but the wireless NIC does not.

With the wireless NIC, the VPN software overwrites the default
gateway IP address that the access point is giving out, with
the gateway IP address from the TAP-win32 NIC settings.

I have installed the lastest BIOS for the computer, and have the
current wireless NIC drivers and client software all from Dell.

If I uninstall the VPN software and then reinstall it it works
again with the wireless NIC, till the next reboot.

So, what is going on with the VPN software and the wireless NIC?

Michael Peters	              Network & System Administrator
IS Group
SED Systems                   18 Innovation Boulevard
A Calian Company              P.O. Box 1464, Saskatoon
                              Saskatchewan, Canada S7K 3P7
Telephone: (306)931-3425
Direct:    (306)933-1579
FAX:       (306)933-1582