Re: [Openvpn-users] 2.0 Feature Freeze Discussion

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] 2.0 Feature Freeze Discussion
  • From: George Ross <gdmr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:25:59 +0000

> > 1) At the moment user/pass is in addition to TLS certificate.  Could
> > the server perhaps optionally accept either the one or the other?
>
> As far as I know, this is already the case. You can use either
> certificates or a combination of username and password or both together.

Maybe I didn't word that clearly enough, but last I tried it, which was a
version or two back now, one server instance would support one at a time of:
TLS, or username/pass, or TLS+username/pass.  It wouldn't do combinations
of TLS and username/pass as alternatives.

As I say, you can work around it by running two or more servers, but you're
then obliged to guess in advance how to partition up your ifconfig-pool
space.   It seems a pity, when the server is managing that space anyway.
--
Dr George D M Ross, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
    Kings Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 3JZ