Re: [Openvpn-users] compression

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] compression
  • From: Piergiorgio Spagnolatti <draxx@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:04:48 +0100

Paulo Andre wrote:

Openvpn uses lzo compression. I need to compress data over a diginet line between two sites. Should I just aswell run Openvpn between the sites or shoudl I rather look at another solution?
Will the encryption affect transfer speed between the two points and by how much?

Paulo

If you need only compression you can set up an unencrypted tunnel. Encryption indeed as some overhead...

Bye,
Draxx