[Openvpn-users] Re: TLS handshake failed

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: TLS handshake failed
  • From: Steve Shellswell <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:16:09 +0000

I have quite a few of these in the server log, appearing when a client disconnects. Making me think that you can also get these if the client disconnects and the server doesn't know about it, the server then continues to try and achieve a handshake, unsuccessfully, with the clients old IP address.

Although I haven't yet done this, I guess you could stop these by getting the clients to explicity notify the server that it is disconnecting, with
explicit-exit-notify X
in the client config.

Steve

Michael Hale wrote:
The problem turned out to be that someone else was using my ip address. I should have paid more attention to the "(check your network connectivity)" part of the error message.