Re: [Openvpn-users] 2.0 Feature Freeze Discussion

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] 2.0 Feature Freeze Discussion
  • From: George Ross <gdmr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:56:50 +0000

> Right now the wish list is fairly small, and I'm thinking that unless
> there are strongly convincing arguments to hold up 2.0 in order to include
> them, that they should be delayed until 2.1.

I agree.

> My current wish list includes: ...

Can I add a couple of things?

1) At the moment user/pass is in addition to TLS certificate.  Could the
server perhaps optionally accept either the one or the other?

2) The ability for the server to listen on several ports and protocols.

Both of these can be worked around, of course, simply by firing up another
server, but that has the disadvantage of fragmenting the ifconfig-pool
space.  The second can also be partially worked around by redirecting in
the IP stack, but that only works for tcp->tcp or udp->udp.

--
Dr George D M Ross, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
    Kings Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 3JZ