Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: 2.0 Feature Freeze Discussion

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: 2.0 Feature Freeze Discussion
  • From: Didier Conchaudron <didier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:27:10 +0100

Mathias Sundman wrote:
Didier Conchaudron has written a patch for the service wrapper which gives a similar management interface with which you can start and stop openvpn tunnels as a non-admin user.

Didier Conchaudron is *still* writing this patch ;-)

I've started playing with a pre-release of this for my OpenVPN GUI 2.0 release, but it should be failry close to release by now.

I really want to as sure as you to release my patch soon. But I'm not an experienced programmer and what takes you 10 minutes takes me 1 hour.

For now, the SW(Service Wrapper) lacks of stability because I experienced some problems with processes management. So I can't say if my patch will be stable in 1 or 2 weeks.

If openvpn really need this feature soon, I will accept some help.

Cheers,

Didier