Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Stability problem with win32 please help

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Stability problem with win32 please help
  • From: Steve Kieu <haiquy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:23:50 +1100 (EST)

> That should still create a log file. in
> c:\openvpn\logs or somesuch.

It happened again today but unfortunately as (I
remember) set verb to 0 ; and I can not contact the
person at the site to restart the machine yet (they
will after found out that the VPN network is not
working anyway). Hope that tomorow the network is up,
I can vnc that computer and set verb to 4 and try to
reproduce the problem. The first time it happened I
remember there is no strange message in the log file
(that time the verb is set to 4).

> The management interface is one mechanism you could
> try to remotely
> twiddle the verbosity level, retrieve logs, and/or
> trigger the server to
> restart. Of course, you'll need an alternate, secure
> way to get to it
> remotely (ssh?) if you don't have direct access to
> the server.

well so i need to install ssh server for win32? How
useful window is :-)

> 4. Sometime when I start the server (right click
> and
> > start OpenVPN ...) it reaches the mesage wait 10
> > second for the tap devices to come up and hang
> there
> > for ever , ofcourse no client can connect to it.
> If I
> > focus on the window and hit enter key, it wakes up
> and
> > finish the process (Initilization Sequence
> Completed)
> > and thins come back to normal.
>
> Interesting. I haven't observed this, and haven't
> had it reported by any
> of my Windows-based users.

I can reproduce this problem fairly easily, 5% ; i am
sure.

Thank you. Will post the message later on.

=====
S.KIEU

http://au.movies.yahoo.com