Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Stability problem with win32 please help

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Stability problem with win32 please help
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 18:07:36 -0600

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 10:56 +1100, Steve Kieu wrote:
> I have not caught the message as I ran it as a service
> in window XP pro. and the computer is not mine then I
> dont have full time access to it.

That should still create a log file. in c:\openvpn\logs or somesuch.

> 1. If I using keepalive 10 60 in the server. when
> client disconnect I got the message udpv4 read error
> on the server and wait for 60 seconds, it restart
> itself which is fine. But sometime (say 5% of the
> case) it doesn't restart itself, and not allowing new
> connection.

It could quite possibly be interesting to know what last few lines from
the logs look like when this happens, in a high (debugging) verbosity
mode if necessary.

The management interface is one mechanism you could try to remotely
twiddle the verbosity level, retrieve logs, and/or trigger the server to
restart. Of course, you'll need an alternate, secure way to get to it
remotely (ssh?) if you don't have direct access to the server.

> 4. Sometime when I start the server (right click and
> start OpenVPN ...) it reaches the mesage wait 10
> second for the tap devices to come up and hang there
> for ever , ofcourse no client can connect to it. If I
> focus on the window and hit enter key, it wakes up and
> finish the process (Initilization Sequence Completed)
> and thins come back to normal.

Interesting. I haven't observed this, and haven't had it reported by any
of my Windows-based users.