Re: [Openvpn-users] remote-random should be shuffle always

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] remote-random should be shuffle always
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:40:11 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Claas Hilbrecht wrote:

--Am Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 2004 23:54 -0700 James Yonan <jim@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

If I would specify multiple hosts, I'd like to use --resolv-retry to
specify the time each host is tried, but after all hosts are tried, it
should start over on the first host again. Is this currently possible?

Yes, this is what it will do in beta19.

But what if someone want to try three hosts and when all three hosts fail to connect he want to abort? Maybe resolv-retry could be enhanced to give a timeout value for each host and a second overall timeout? To specifiy that each host should be tried for 60 seconds but after 500 seconds all resolv retries should be stopped I would like to say:

resolv-retry 60/500

or to try each host 60 seconds but try to resolve forever:

resolv-retry 60/infinite

If I like to give each host one chance I could write

resolv-retry 60

The only remainig thing is

resolv-retry infinite

In this case OpenVPN should try to resolve each host for 60 (whatever) seconds and try to resolv the list forever.

I support that idea, but use space as argument seperator instead of /.