Re: [Openvpn-users] Windows NT4

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Windows NT4
  • From: Leonard Isham <leonard.isham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:42:44 -0500

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:30:32 -0500, Scott Fisher <scott.fisher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The OpenVPN work with Windows NT4. I am getting conflicting information. On
> the Sourceforge OpenVPN Summary it says it does. In the forum I found some
> reference to it working but everywhere else it only shows Win 2000 and above.
>
> Please let me know.

Fromsection :  Notes -- Differences between TAP-Win32 driver and CIPE
driver on http://openvpn.sourceforge.net/INSTALL-win32.html

To a certain extent, backwards compatibility with NT 4 has been
sacrificed in the interest of better usability and stability on
Win2K/XP.

Beyond that I think that James is the only one who would know the full answer.

--
Leonard Isham, CISSP
Ostendo non ostento.