[Openvpn-users] route command and user nobody

I'm running OpenVPN 2.0beta18 with --user nobody on a linux box. While shutting down the OpenVPN process the following error is logged:

/sbin/route del -net 192.168.194.0 netmask 255.255.255.0
ERROR: Linux route delete command failed: could not execute shell command

This makes sense since nobody isn't allowed to modify the routing table and I'm running in an empty chroot(). I think the route commands should be ignored while shuttind down if OpenVPN is running with the --user option.

PS: Maybe the route option could be parsed by the new openvpn-down-root plugin? Running --down-pre and the plugin should resolve the above issue.

--
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de