Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN on embedded device

--Am Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 2004 09:40 -0700 James Yonan <jim@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

Besides --gremlin, what other features would you like to be able to strip
out?

Without thinking any further I would say the following items could be a candidate. But some items will surely produce only some bytes and this isn't worth the effort.

- all http proxy commands
- all socks proxy commands
- ipv6 support (disable ipv6 even if it is present)
- mtu-test option
- shaper code
- the code behinid disable-occ
- inetd code

The problem is that v2.0 is getting "fat". I was able to produce a 270kb binary of the "min" version with v1.6. Now the "min" version is 322kb large with the same "options". This means I run ./configure --disable-plugin --disable-management --disable-multi to "remove" the new code. So approx. 50kb is due to using version 2.0 without any real new features.

BTW: The new managment console is very useful to me. Maybe you could add command to pause/resume a tunnel? The "pause" command should stop openvpn to sent any packets to the remote even internal packets. This could be very useful in some dial-up isdn sites.

PS: I now that much of the code is included due to the openssl lib. But maybe you could managed to get openvpn at nearly the same size as before.

And keep up the good work. OpenVPN is a really useful piece of code.

--
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de